Why You Want This: If you’re interested at all in the revival of Hellenistic astrology and love techniques such as Annual Profections and Zodiacal Releasing, you should be interested in Planetary Divisions!
What It Is: A meticulously designed spreadsheet calculator
What It Does: Automatically calculates all the divisions and combinations of planetary minor periods with ascensional times as outlined by Vettius Valens, to provide the precise dates and times of activations of the potentials of your natal placements and aspects.
Why Is It Better Than Others: It also generates a chronology of your life so you can get a visual sense of what planetary divisions were active and when.
What You Need To Use This: A Google account to access it through Google Sheets
What You Also Need To Use This: A birth date, birth time, birth place, sign positions of all the planets in a given chart and the precise ascensional times for the birth place. (You can find exact ascensional times if you input the birth data here and scroll down to “Rising (Ascensional) Times).
How to Access: After payment is completed below through the Paypal portal you will be automatically redirected to the link to your copy of the calculator on your Google Drive account.
Price: $25.00 USD
If you have any trouble purchasing or accessing the spreadsheet calculator, please email me at email@example.com
More Information, Features and Screenshots
Planetary Divisions Calculator
Hellenistic astrologer Vettius Valens outlines a peculiar method for looking at times when various planets are “activated” in specific years of a given life on pages 130-137 of the Anthology, Book VII. I call this method “Planetary Divisions”. These times are determined by looking at the following:
- The completion of a planet’s minor period
- The completion of a planet’s ascensional time
- The completion of the minor period of a planet’s ruler
- The completion of the ascensional time of a planet’s ruler
- The completion of a planet’s minor period and its ruler’s minor period
- The completion of a planet’s ascensional time and its ruler’s ascensional time
- The completion of a planet’s minor period and its ruler’s ascensional time
- The completion of a planet’s ascensional time and its ruler’s minor period
- And the halves and thirds of all the aforementioned times!
The spreadsheet calculator instantly calculates all of these precise dates and times, upon entering one’s birth date, birth time, ascensional times and planetary positions by sign. If you don’t know your ascensional times, it’s fine.
Planetary Aspect Divisions Calculator
This spreadsheet calculator generates the precise dates and times of activations of aspects within a chart, by degree or by sign. This is determined by looking at:
- The completion of the two planets’ minor periods
- The completion of the two planets’ ascensional times
- The completion of one planet’s minor period and the other planet’s ascensional time
- And the halves and thirds of those times!
For example, if someone has a Mars-Jupiter square, then their combined minor periods of 15 and 12 result in an activation in the 27th year, at age 26, as well as at the halfway point at at the 13.5th year, at age 12.5, as well as the thirds, the 9th year at age 8 and the 18th year at age 17. Sound like a bore calculating all this out? Good thing I made this calculator for you then!
Planetary Divisions Chronology Generator
- Automatically populates list of every planetary activation in chronological order, in order to visually reference what planets are “active” in a given year of life.
I’ve made this so that it will be easier to make sense of all this data and how it fits into the broader timeline of one’s life, as well as to clear up a point of confusion in the text. Valens describes these planetary activations as being active for a given year, which suggests that the planets lend a kind of general quality to the entire year, which is clear from his examples. However, he also notes that certain activations complete at particular points within a year. This brings up the question of if the specific times of activation are most important or if they merely contribute to the general nature of the year. This calculator gives you the specific dates and times of each activation and the years in which they occur, allowing modern astrologers to find out.
Be one of the first astrologers in modern times to master this technique and get your copy of this calculator today!